Why Choose WCCS?
At WCCS, you’ll quickly find we are a district that has its priorities straight. Our one focus is to prepare our students to be world-class adults—armed with the skills they need to be critical thinkers and exceptional leaders. Whatever their vocation.
Here we embrace our small-town values—we conduct ourselves and our decisions by the honesty and integrity that makes our community what it is. We never rest on our laurels; our teachers and staff have earned a state-wide reputation for bringing more to the classroom.
In our schools, you’ll find some of the brightest and most motivated students you’ll ever meet. The kids who attend WCCS have an outstanding track record for academic excellence, athletic competition, community awareness and volunteerism.
- Our graduation rate is consistently among Indiana’s elite schools.
- Our Special Education department is an international role model, bringing visitors to our district from as far away as Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.
- We were one of the first schools in Indiana to use evidence-based training for all of our teachers.
- Columbia City High School and Eagle Tech Academy are both 4-Star Schools (the highest honor for Indiana’s public and private schools)
- Our students compete at state and national levels in athletics, academics and clubs, including our national championship-winning Future Farmers of America program.
- Our staff and teacher retention rate is high; we are known as a district where everyone is recognized and rewarded for quality and achievement.
- Every child in grades 6-12 is issued a Chromebook. By 2017, every student in grades K-12 will have access to a tech device on a daily basis.
We could go on and on. With an integrated preschool, four elementary schools, one middle school, one high school and our New Tech academy, the school corporation is the heartbeat of the community, and everything we do here is with one common goal: to see children succeed.
Come see for yourself. We have a lot to be proud of at WCCS.