The Columbia City High School athletic department mission is to provide our student/athletes an athletic program that reflects the overall mission of the school. This includes a commitment to participate in IHSAA interscholastic sports. CCHS will offer student/athletes an opportunity to compete in an environment that supports the highest levels of commitment, personal growth, respect, enthusiasm and excellence in both academics and athletics. The commitment to academics and athletics is supported by the athletic department's belief that athletic competition teaches the participants physical and mental skills valuable in our society.
COVID-19 Return to Play Information
July 1, 2020
TO: Student Athletes and Families,
Starting Monday, July 6th, student-athletes and coaches can return to our facilities in preparation for the athletic seasons for the 2020-2021 school year. To be eligible to participate on Monday, July 6th, student-athletes need to have the following paperwork completed and turned in to the athletic office. (This paperwork can also be turned in to the coach on Monday, July 6th.)
ALL FORMS CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE UNDER "ATHLETIC FORMS":
- IHSAA Physical (Can either be from the 19-20 school year or a newly completed physical for the 20-21 school year)
- IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire & Consent and Release Form (If the athlete answers "Yes" to any of the questions on the IHSAA Questionnaire than the athlete must obtain a new IHSAA physical)
- Concussion/SCA Acknowledgment Form
- CCHS Liability Release Form
- Student Random Drug Testing Participation Agreement Form
Upon returning Monday, July 6th, we ask that the student-athletes abide by the following "Student-Athlete Responsibilities"
- Bring a face mask. Athletes will not be expected to wear a face mask during athletic activities. This is only for times when there is non-athletic/non-rigorous instruction. If an athlete does not have a mask, one can be provided.
- Feel free to bring your own hand sanitizer or other sanitation productions. We will have hand sanitizer and other sanitation products on site so this is not a requirement. If you choose to provide your own sanitation products, you will NOT be permitted to share these items with other individuals.
- Athletes must bring their own water bottle. Sharing of any kind (water bottles, clothing, shoes, athletic equipment, etc.) will NOT be permitted.
- Come dressed and ready to participate and leave directly after completion of workouts. Locker rooms will not be available; athletes are expected to shower at home. Athletes will be expected to launder all personal athletic clothing at home before returning to another workout on campus with the same athletic clothing.
- Be open with coaches about any health symptoms you may be experiencing. DO NOT attend workouts if you are not feeling well and/or show signs of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Workouts are VOLUNTARY. If you do not feel comfortable attending a workout, please communicate with your coach.
- Your safety is of the utmost important to us so we ask that you communicate regularly with the coaching staff.
Below are the first day schedules that we have set for our return along with the coaches contact e-mail. Please contact coaches for more detailed schedules:
- Football - Head Coach Brett Fox - email@example.com - Workouts begin July 6th 3:45 at Old CCHS
- Girls Basketball - Head Coach Amy Shearer - Workouts begin July 6th 4:30p at Old CCHS
- Boys Basketball - Head Coach Matt Schauss - firstname.lastname@example.org - Parent/player meeting on July 6th 7:30o at Old CCHS Football Field; workouts begin July 7th 8:00a at Old CCHS
- Volleyball - Head Coach Kaitlin Daniels - email@example.com - Workouts begin July 6th 8:00a at Old CCHS
- Girls Soccer - Head Coach Mike Cotter - firstname.lastname@example.org - Workouts begin July 6th 8:00a at Old CCHS
- Boys Soccer - Head Coach Derick Rice - email@example.com - Workouts begin July 7th 9:00a at Old CCHS
- Boys and Girls Tennis - Head Coach Phil Stanczak - firstname.lastname@example.org - Workouts begin July 6th 2:30p at Devol Field
- Boys and Girls Cross Country - Head Coach Jason Matteson - email@example.com - Workouts begin July 6th 5:30p at Old CCHS
- Cheerleading - Head Coach Melanie Curry - firstname.lastname@example.org - Workouts begin July 6th 10:00a at Old CCHS
- Boys and Girls Golf - Head Coach Andrew Thompson - email@example.com - Workouts begin July 6th at Eagle Glen
- Boys Track - Head Coach Ryan Trieschman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Track - Head Coach Tyler Kissinter - email@example.com
- Unified Track - Head Coach James Hornaday - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baseball - Head Coach Rob Bell - email@example.com
- Softball - Head Coach Dan Weigold - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling - Head Coach Blane Culp - email@example.com
- Boys and Girls Swimming - Head Coach - Tucker Daniel - firstname.lastname@example.org
CCHS Athletic Hall of Fame
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a graduate of Columbia City High School.
- Nominated teams must have competed as a team under the Columbia City High School athletic program.
- 10 years must have passed since last competing in interscholastic sports.
- Coaches must have given 10 years of coaching to Columbia City High School and must be 3 years removed from the completion of their last year.
- Contributors must have given 10 years of contributions to the Columbia City High School Athletics and must be 3 years removed from the completion of their last year.
- Nominated individuals must be free of public dishonor and must not have been dismissed or expelled from Columbia City High School.
Event schedules at your fingertips
We know that scheduling can be tough. Unexpected changes, cancellations, and updates can be hard to keep up with. Fortunately, @theEventlink is here to help. Sign up at Eventlink.com, or download the Eventlink app to get real-time updates and notifications on your kid's events!