The Year Ahead
Your freshmen year is behind you and hopefully you are on the road to success. The next 3 years will fly by, so it is crucial that you continue your planning throughout your 10th grade year.
Here are some things to think about...
If you are having grade problems in a course, use any of the following resources to improve your coursework:
- See your teacher for a private conference to gain suggestions for improvement.
- Obtain a tutor.
- Arrange with your teacher to meet before or after school for extra help.
- Talk to your counselor.
- Get together with a friend or friends to help you with the course.
Continue gathering information on colleges and post-secondary opportunities:
- College websites and the CCHS Guidance website
- Meet with college representatives meetings during LOP (Check Guidance Office for dates)
- College Fair Fall
- College Night Fall & Spring
- Sign up for career speakers (Dates will be announced throughout the year) (Are occurring during lunch time)
- Set up college campus visitations
Stay involved or become involved in school and community activities. This can determine your eligibility for National Honor Society or future scholarship opportunities:
- Community service
- Student government
- Band or Choir
- Drama/Fine Arts
Pathways Career Center:
Consider Pathways programs for specialized training in a career area. CCHS students can participate in Pathways programs for a half day during your junior and senior years.